Providing services to the people of Canyon For over 80 years.
Located at 1702 Fifth Avenue, in Canyon, Texas, Brooks Funeral Directors sits on the historic site known as The Wagon Yard. From 1890 to 1921 this site served as a place to circle the wagons and water the horses, as ranchers waited to ship their cattle and cotton across the country. In the late 1920's this Ranchman's Headquarters became the location of the first funeral home in Canyon.
Roland Brooks began working at Schooler-Gordon Funeral Home in 1985. Roland became manager in 1987 and went on to purchase the funeral home on May 1st, 1992, when the name was changed to Brooks Funeral Directors of Canyon, Inc.
In 1997, Brooks Funeral Directors purchased the historic Presbyterian Church in Happy, Texas and it was completely renovated. Now with two locations, Brooks Funeral Directors is able to better serve not only Canyon and Happy, but all surrounding areas as well.